Local SEO makes sure your website and other online presence is optimized for your city, state, or region. It ensures that when people in your area search for local businesses like yours, they will find and choose you easily.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Make sure your website is optimized for local SEO: This means adding your location to your website, including local keywords, and creating pages for each of your locations (if you have more than one).
- Make sure your Google My Business listing is up-to-date: This includes your hours, contact information, business description, and photos.
- Get listed in relevant online directories: This helps Google (and other search engines) find your business and understand what categories it belongs to.
- Make sure your social media accounts are optimized for local SEO: This includes adding your location to your profile and using local keywords in your posts.
- Get reviews from customers: Reviews help show potential customers that you’re a credible business. They also help improve your ranking in local search results.
Local SEO citations are mentions of your business on the internet, without a link back to your website. They help search engines find and understand your business, and they can improve your ranking in local search results.
Add your location to your website
Include your city, state, and zip code on your website, preferably in the footer.
Include local keywords on your website
Use keywords that include your city or region on your website, especially in titles and headings.
Create pages for each of your locations
If you have more than one location, create a separate page for each one. Include location-specific information on each page, like the address, hours, and contact information.
Get reviews from customers
Ask your customers to leave reviews on your business listing and other online directories.